Tuesday, January 12, 2016

how to...

How to stop time: Draw a picture from life, from direct observation. Draw out in the open, in a park, in an airport, from nature. Go to a famous art museum, draw, copy, as best you can what you see there. Draw people, draw animals, draw flowers. Observe. Be present. (This is my how to advice)


“How to stop time: kiss.
How to travel in time: read.
How to escape time: music.
How to feel time: write.
How to release time: breathe.” 
― Matt HaigReasons to Stay Alive

I saw this quote on Facebook. In fact I've seen it circling about a few more times and with different formats. 
Some quoters add: How to waste time: use social media! Kind of ironic, that appearing on social media.
And I did not see that anyone attributed the quote to an author so I took it upon myself to look it up. 




This sketch from the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. 
Giotto Madonna and Child 1310 Florence