Monday, March 23, 2015

Marching days

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.”
― Charles DickensGreat Expectations



I thought that I could put my snow boots in the far corner of the closet and not need them again this year. We had sunshine and songbirds last week!
















It is snowing today, great big heavy chrysanthemum flower shaped flakes. Put on the old boots and get out there to shovel again. 
These tiny winter Aconites from last week are smothered with 5 inches of cold white winter.
Both of these sketches were created with my Sketchbook app on my Samsung phone. I lost the stylus a day ago so I finished the aconite sketch using my fingers. It got a bit heavy and lost some nuances. Here is another version. Found my stylus today and drew these old snow boots.