Friday, August 8, 2014

last minute tweaks and adjustments

One might think that with only 8 hours and counting before the reception for the "Consider the Lilies" show at St.Mark's, everything would be ready to go. But sadly things don't quite work that way for me. I am kind of a last minute gal.
We installed three more paintings this morning, two that were just shipped back to me from Philadelphia. They have been displayed by the White Stone Gallery since last year at this time.
 I added a small painting that actually belongs to some philosophy professors in town. It was a wedding gift to them 10 years ago. And this one on the right, was also kindly lent for the show by another philosopher friend
and family



A few paintings got shifted around, changed to take advantage of the light and surrounding colors.
This bright hibiscus is hanging next to the Lady Chapel.


The stained glass windows in the sanctuary are so beautiful. I was inspired by these windows when I painted these blues and purples in the two blue iris paintings shown here.
 The last painting on the right is the one I have titled "Psalm 107:29 He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed." I always associated the colors in this one with the green of a calm sea.