Friday, August 9, 2013

memories of Michigan

We managed a week long vacation this year to Michigan. Not as adventurous or far away as previous years-such as the south of France, but lovely and very close in miles from home. I kept a small watercolor sketchbook with me and it is now full of many treasured memories. Here are some to share.
A hummingbird and a red zinnia on the lakeside cottage deck, viewed as we ate our lunch on a pleasant day in July. And, the cherries, Michigan produce, that we ate during that same lunch, how sweet.








My cell phone camera is a handy way to keep a record of my painting days and places. Here you can see my little traveling set-up, my fold-out watercolor palette, my 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" sketchbook, and my water supply. It is all I need and I can paint on a deck, a boat, on the beach, by the side of a lake, in a restaurant, or while everyone else is talking(!).