Monday, June 10, 2013

prescience

Still waiting for the wonderful baby today. I made these illustrations for Wild Animal Baby magazine sometime ago. These are from the series about Skip the goat that I wrote and illustrated for a May issue.





















I was prescient when I drew these, I put myself in this art as a grandmother holding a baby.
The mother-type woman in a straw hat holding a plate of strawberries is probably me also. I tend to put myself or my family members (and my pets) into all my illustrations. Sometimes consciously, sometimes not, to my surprise.
At the time, none of my four children were even thinking about starting families, none were married either. The older ones were busy with graduate school and studying abroad. Now, three of them are married and all that has happened in rapid succession in the past few years. And so, a new era in my life begins, I will be a grandmother!