Friday, July 6, 2012

Art Show going on now!


The show of my watercolor flower paintings in the Glen Ellyn Public Library is up and ongoing through the rest of the month of July.
Last Sunday, the 1st of July, we had a powerful thunderstorm here in Northern Illinois. High winds uprooted huge trees, flung branches all about, and snapped power lines and utility poles.
I had a scheduled meeting with the coordinator of displays at the library the following Monday morning. Our power had been off all night resulting in a very uncomfortable night's rest. I was not sure if the library was even going to be open because I could see the downed power lines all over town as I drove there with my car loaded with paintings all framed and ready to hang. Not only was the library open, but it is an official cooling center and temperatures had been (and still are) in the 100 degree range. I was glad to see quite a crowd waiting to get in the library doors at 9 AM that day. The show is successfully up and I have a guaranteed audience as long as the hot weather continues and the power is unreliable.
And here is one of my first art enthusiast visitors, (actually, my sister) ready to become a great fan of mine.