Thursday, April 9, 2009

Creativity, Creation, Creator


Well, folks, I am back. I haven't been here to record in my art journal for a month. And I have so much to share! March was so busy ; a nice big illustration assignment came in with very quick deadlines; then a trip to Paris! as a chaperon with a high school student French group; and now, during Holy Week I am painting six huge banners for my church to use on Saturday night for the Easter Vigil service.
Yes, three days away and a very short deadline indeed.
How did I get myself into such a tight corner? Not unusual at all for me. Way back in February I agreed to be on the Visual Arts committee, but I have never been a good committee member. I usually sketch and doodle during meetings and as this meeting about Easter week proceeded I began to scribble away on the back of the handouts. We were discussing the Scripture readings and talking about the Genesis chapter 1 creation account. As I listened, inspiration struck me and I am posting here my scribbles that became the six huge banners. Tomorrow I will post my color sketches.
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."